In the news….
*Monthly updates are also available on the blog*
Waiting for the arrival of baby #2. Time to rest! This is where you will find me for the next little while.
Thrilled to be part of a very special series of workshops at the National Museum of Australia.
Had a wonderful time sharing Charlie’s Adventures…at the Queanbeyan Multicultural Festival. Thank you to the Queanbeyan Library & event organisers for inviting me!
Love seeing the Charlie’s Adventures…books being used in classrooms. These books were created to showcase the beauty found in each & every country around the world Teachers’ notes are available on the de Rose-Ahern Stories website Thank you to Educate.Empower for this gorgeous photograph & for the support! ♥️
This month I participated in a 30 day social media challenge (thanks to a wonderful author, Michelle Worthingon). Highlights from my social media posts can be found below or visit de Rose-Ahern Stories on Facebook and Instagram.
So excited to welcome a New Year! A fresh start filled with new adventures to be had Looking forward to enjoying every minute of this journey, completely & wholeheartedly. Wishing you all a fabulous 2019. The best is yet to come!
What are you reading? One of my favourite things to do in the morning, whilst the rest of my family is nestled in bed sleeping, is to read a good book It’s a moment of stillness to rejuvenate & nourish my mind before I go about my day. I was lucky to receive some wonderful books this Christmas, time to settle in & peruse the pages
Had the chance to present some Charlie’s Adventures… prizes at a special school assembly to some very creative students!
School Fete’s are so much fun! Thank you to the beautiful school community for inviting me to be part of such a fun-filled Fete!
Had such a lovely afternoon talking about authenticity & voice with year 9 & 10 students at a special writers retreat. One of my favourite parts of being an author is having the chance to share what I have learned so far & help others. So grateful for this opportunity
Charlie’s Adventures…in South Africa blog tour!
Share your Story Interview
Book Reviews – Charlie’s Adventures…in South Africa
An interview with Charlie
An interview with Readilearn
Inspired by the world – A reflection article
Photos from the Charlie’s Adventures…in South Africa book launch as part of the Canberra Writers Festival at the National Museum of Australia.
Wear your Wellington boots and come celebrate the launch of Charlie’s Adventures…in South Africa at the Canberra Writers Festival.
Mahalo to the lovely team at Native Books/ Na Mea Hawaii for hosting my book signing. If you are in Oahu, visiting this beautiful shop is a must. You may spot Charlie there too! Here are some photos from the event 🌺🌎
A magical day ✨Today I had the opportunity to share Charlie’s Adventures…in Hawaii with a beautiful audience in Hilo, Hawaii. Mahalo to the lovely team at Basically Books for hosting me & to all those who came & showed me the aloha spirit 🌺💕📚
Beyond grateful to be able to attend the SCBWI conference in Los Angeles! 🛫🌎🌟Such a remarkable experience meeting creators from around the world 🌍 A warm, welcoming and knowledgeable community. This experience has taught me so much! I’m beyond grateful. Here are some photos from our adventures. #la18scbwi
Highlights include sharing Charlie’s Adventures… with authors and illustrators from around the world, including South Africa, and meeting the lovely Alexandra Penfold!
Charlie and I are off on a book tour! We will be traveling to Los Angeles and Hawaii. Follow our adventures on the Facebook page and Instagram.
Thrilled to announce Charlie’s Adventures in South Africa will be launched as part of the Canberra Writers Festival on Saturday 25 August at the National Museum of Australia. Hope to see you there! #cbrwritersfest
Had such a lovely evening! Thank you to the Children’s Book Council of Australia ACT Branch for inviting me to speak at the Romancing the stars event. It was so nice to hear the journey of other authors in the Canberra community 🌟
NSW Writers Centre Kids & YA Festival
A magical weekend at the New South Wales Writers’ Centre Kids & YA Festival! A delight to meet two very inspiring & generous superstars Jacqueline Harvey & Belinda Murrell. A huge thank you to Belinda for inviting me to share my story as part of the Festival & Writing NSW for hosting this incredible event. Beaming from such a joyous weekend meeting such lovely writers from the NSW community. Thank you to Kerry Malone for joining me on this adventure & Little Steps Publishing for coming along to support me 🌟💫✨ #KYAFest18
ACT Writers Centre Winter Warmer!
We’ve got the perfect plans for your Friday night at our Winter Warmer! Join us Friday 15 June, for a sneak peek and live recording of ‘The First Time’ podcast with Katherine Collette and Kate Mildenhall, featuring Canberra authors Jack Heath, Karen Viggers and Irma Gold.
Then, settle in for a one-night-only talk from the curator and artists of Canberra Contemporary Art Space’s Obsessive Compulsion exhibition, including David Broker in conversation with local artists Jodie Cunningham, Michele England and Ann McMahon.
Of course, the evening’s highlights will also include a wine tasting with winemaker Celine Rousseau from Eden Road Wines, and readings from two of Canberra’s brightest: Rosanna Stevens and Jacqueline de Rose-Ahern.
The big reveal! ✨⭐ Thrilled to share the cover of Charlie’s Adventures…in South Africa! 🇿🇦 Thank you to the team at Little Steps Publishing & Sophie Norsa for bringing Charlie’s next adventure to life To preorder a copy visit https://www.derose-ahernstories.com/shop/ There is also a special two pack available for those who haven’t yet got a copy of Charlie’s Adventures…in Hawaii or would like to share the aloha spirit with a friend 🇿🇦🌺
Had a wonderful time at the SCBWI professional development evening! Thank you to the ACT team for inviting me to share my journey. It was such an inspiring evening! Special thanks to Nicole Godwin, Kerry Malone, Very Brambleberry, Tania McCartney, Irma Gold, Grace Bryant, Shaye Wardrop and Cate Whittle!
Creative Kids Tales introduction: Allison Tait
Had such a wonderful day at the Goulburn Reader Writer Festival yesterday. Swapping books with the inspiring & generous Hazel Edwards was such a thrill. The little girl inside me who spent many days in the school library reading ‘There’s a hippopotamus on our roof eating cake’ was jumping for joy!
Creative Kids Tales introduction: Tim Harris
- Creative Kids Tales introduction: Claire Saxby
- Creative Kids Tales introduction: Peter Carnavas
Dreams come true! Thank you to the ACT Writers Centre & judges
In the incredible company of Tania McCartney and Gina Newton.
- Delighted to be shortlisted for the Anne Edgeworth Writers Fellowship. Thank you to the ACT Writers Centre & judges for your support. Congratulations to all those shortlisted! https://actwritersblog.com/…/2017-writing-and-publishing-a…/
- Creative Kids Tales introduction: Bruce Whatley
Awoke to magical news, Charlie’s Adventures…in Hawaii has been honoured as an Award Finalist in the 2017 Best Book Awards! With over 2,000 entries from around the world, it is astonishing to hear Charlie was chosen as one of the ‘best’. Congratulations to all the Award Winners & Finalists. A huge thank you to American Book Fest for the recognition.⭐🎈✨
- Creative Kids Tales introduction: Libby Hathorn
When you get to spend the afternoon presenting awards to some very talented children (authors themselves) with the incredible Jackie French…another magical moment! It was so special to be part of the CBCA ACT Branch Make Your Own Story Book Awards event. Thank you to the team! ⭐ 📚✨
Mahalo #kidsbookswelove for the lovely review of Charlie’s Adventures…in Hawaii 🌺🗺🛩 https://kidsbookswelove.weebly.com/…/charlies-adventures-in…
- Creative Kids Tales introduction: Toby Riddle
A wonderful morning sharing some classic stories with a delightful group of children at a special story time event. Thank you Harry Hartog Bookseller for having me. It was so much fun reading Wombat Stew a book that holds lots of memories for me growing up! ☀🎈📖 🐾 🎶
- Creative Kids Tales Introduction:Gus Gordon
Book Week 2017 ‘Escape to Everywhere’
Had a lovely morning celebrating Book Week 2017 Escape to Everywhere! It was wonderful to meet some amazing & insightful children. Mahalo to Harry Hartog Bookseller & Westfield Woden for including Charlie & I at this very special event
Escape to Everywhere (or to Westfield Woden)! Come along and join in the Book Week festivities from Monday 21 to Friday 25 August. Local authors will be sharing their favourite stories at a very special story time each day. Charlie and I will be bringing the aloha spirit on Tuesday 22 August at 10.30am and 4.00pm. Mahalo to the wonderful Harry Hartog Bookseller for hosting this fabulous event.
Charlie has been featured on the incredible American Book Fest website:
- Creative Kids Tales Introduction: Margaret Wild
- Charlie’s Adventures…in Hawaii has been shortlisted for the Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year Awards. These Awards are truly special with an aim to promote quality Australian books that help children get the best, most literate start in life. Thank you Speech Pathology Australia for this honour.
Check out the books that have been shortlisted in the Three to 5 Years category for the Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year Awards. Good luck to all the authors, illustrators and publishers! Winners will be announced on 2 November. #BofY2017 #communication #slpeeps #slp2b #slt #slt2b #slp #slpbloggers #language #speech #voice #fluency #speechpathology #speechtherapy
Posted by Speech Pathology Australia on Wednesday, October 4, 2017
- Creative Kids Tales Introduction: Glenda Millard
- Wonderful to be part of this Pages for Changes giveaway, books to raise a global citizen!
Posted by Pages for Changes on Tuesday, May 30, 2017
- Creative Kids Tales Introduction: Katrina Germein
- A delightful weekend at the Noted Festival. Thank you to the amazing event organisers & those who came along to support the Festival. It was wonderful to be involved in the ‘Words in Space‘ and ‘Story Corner‘ events. More photos available on the de Rose-Ahern Stories Facebook page.
- Creative Kids Tales contribution this month:
- So excited to be selected to join the Creative Kids Tales (CKT) team. CKT is an industry recognised resource for children’s authors and illustrators. I am ecstatic to be able to contribute and learn from this amazing experience https://www.facebook.com/deroseahernstories/
- My latest article for It’s The Now. The (not) so secret recipe for productivity.
- I was invited by the wonderful Just Write For Kids team to share my thoughts on the significance of multicultural literature. A topic I am very passionate about. http://www.justkidslit.com/inspiring-global-citizens-the-significance-of-multicultural-literature/
- Charlie was spotted in New York! Pages for Changes (one of my favourite sites) featured Charlie’s Adventures…in Hawaii this month. With the intent to help raise empathetic, worldly children, Pages for Changes is an amazing resource! http://www.pagesforchanges.com/new-releases
- I revealed more about Charlie with Just Write For Kids. Thank you to Romi Sharp and the team for this opportunity. A big announcement is also included. Charlie will be jet-setting to a new location soon! http://www.justkidslit.com/interviewbybook-with-jacqueline-de-rose-ahern/
- Great photoshoot! Can you spot Charlie’s cameo? Thank you Little Steps Publishing.
- Charlie’s Adventures…in Hawaii was featured as one of six books for Kid’s to read over the summer holidays. Thank you to HerCanberra and Elise Adamo. http://hercanberra.com.au/cplife/kids-books-fictional-summer-holiday/
- A privilege to be invited to contribute to IT’S THE NOW. A useful and informative platform to inspire and educate those on their entrepreneurial quest.
- Charlie and I will be at the Goulburn Reader Writer Festival on 12 and 13 November. Hope to see you there!
- Another lovely review of Charlie’s Adventures…in Hawaii. Thank you to The Children’s Book Council of Australia and Stephanie Ward for the incredible acknowledgement http://readingtime.com.au/charlies-adventures-hawaii/
- A wonderful review of Charlie’s Adventures…in Hawaii featured in the industry magazine Buzz Words. Thank you to Anne Hamilton for your kind words. This one sneaked up on me. So grateful. http://www.buzzwordsmagazine.com/2016/09/charlies-adventures-in-hawaii.html?spref=fb
- It was a privilege to be part of the inaugural Canberra Writers Festival at the stunning National Museum of Australia (“where our stories come alive”). Thank you to those who came along to support Charlie. Mahalo to our beautiful hula dancers. More photos available on the de Rose-Ahern Stories Facebook page.
Book Week 2016
- Thank you to Coral Vass, Tania McCartney and the team at Kid’s Book Review for taking the time to review Charlie’s Adventures…in Hawaii. It is lovely to be acknowledged by some of the best in the children’s book industry. View the review at http://www.kids-bookreview.com/…/review-charlies-adventures…
- LAUNCH: CHARLIE’S ADVENTURES…IN HAWAII
- Please join us to celebrate the launch of ‘Charlie’s Adventures…in Hawaii’ in luau style!
- Date: Saturday 9 July 2016
- Time: From 11am
- Venue: Harry Hartog Westfield Woden.
- Proceeds from book sales on the day will be donated to the Miracle Babies Foundation, Australia’s leading organisation supporting premature and sick newborns, their families and the hospitals that care for them. For those of you who cannot attend the launch event, proceeds from book sales made on the de Rose-Ahern Stories website (www.derose-ahernstories.com) on Sunday 10 July and Monday 11 July will also be donated to the Miracle Babies Foundation. Grab your Hawaiian shirt, lei and ukulele and join Charlie on his first adventure!
- Please join us to celebrate the launch of ‘Charlie’s Adventures…in Hawaii’ in luau style!
- ‘Charlie gets his big start in Hawaii’ – I recently shared all things Charlie with the wonderful team at Canberra City News. Check out the latest editon to find out more. Thank you to Canberra City News for this opportunity.
- Books have started to arrive. For those who have preordered a copy….Charlie is on his way! https://www.derose-ahernstories.com